Monday, August 22, 2005

"Never sacrifice what you believe for political correctness."




I met Rob and his 120 lb pit-bull on Yonge Street. Rob is a pot-smoking, grunge-rocking Canadian. He is proud to be from the Great North, where "true freedom and liberty live".

He wore his protest T-shirt for the first time today, and had only received positive feedbacks on the street.

"Maybe it's your pit-bull,"I asked.

"Maybe it's because I'm telling the truth," Rob said.

Notice his belt-buckle, it also served as a lighter for Rob's "herbal supplements."

"I'd never keep quiet about what I believe to please people. Life is too short for that," Rob said, "Never sacrifice what you believe to be P.C."

*For those of you wondering, my own political stand is very far right field of Rob's. I'm a Bible-owning, Christian girl. But I love his style, standing proud for what he believes. That's what America is all about.

3 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

Some guys were standing outside Trinity church in Boston the other day with signs that were pretty much rooting for "Iraqi Insurgents" to kill as many Americans as possible. I'm not for the war in Iraq, but I do support our men and women there so the sign made me personally disgusted. HOWEVER, they do have the right to state their opinion and I'd never ask them not to peacefully assemble...similar to your picture of the guy from Canadia ;)

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He seems enjoying too much of his freedom and beliefs.

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also an extremely strong picture. Excellent post processing too- very talented.

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home